[Opensim-users] Looking for help reproducing a user study in OpenSim

nlin nlin.message at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 00:38:04 UTC 2010

Hi Elizabeth,

2010/3/22, Elizabeth Lowry <emlowry at vt.edu>:
>  If the full-3D versions of the learning environments in the study lead to
> the greatest improvements in quiz scores, it'll indicate that the greater
> amount of effort required to build such environments pays off in better
> learning.
[...]
> Is anyone on this list in a position to run a user study in OpenSim with 30
> or more participants by mid to late April?

Although I'm not in a position right now to run this user study, I
think this is a very interesting and important area to research.
Having just completed my PhD (Information Science), and with my memory
still fresh about the design of such user studies, I hope I can offer
one suggestion: that the effects and benefits of the spatial
environment may be (more) observable in areas other than post-test
quiz scores: areas such as learner motivation, communications patterns
among students, amount of spatial navigation or camera control invoked
by students in each condition, or other learner behavior might be
valuable to observe.

Good luck!

-nlin