[Opensim-users] Converting the Carnegie Mellon Animations?

TaraDesoto taradesoto at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 17:27:52 UTC 2010

   My sources , we're  not a discrete package that is distributed .  My
sources are my collaborative contacts that I have assembled after many years
in   virtual reality .   I cant actually list the names of people that do
work for me since that would be unethical and thus not part of the corporate
culture that we keep .    Another part of the source is my own work .
Animations are time consuming and I am tied up with some  tasks with my grid
right now ...

    I am sorry if I confused some of you into thinking there was a package
out there that you could get .  The sources I mentioned we're my compatriots
and myself...  I simply found collaboration with others in the wider
community to be a better source than a package of some sort .

  IF you guys need animations ,  I can get them to you in bvh file format
but I would need to know what I am getting myself into , before I can commit
to a task .    Please understand that it is going to take time to do some of
this task ,  depending on what you want .    Motion capture animations are
probably not going to be part of a package so if you are looking for those
specifically , then im probably not going to be able to assist in that task
.

  Since there is a great deal  in this for us   ( time , money) ...  There
would have to be a barter made in order  to secure the animations for your
grid(s)  .   If somebody out there reading this is  willing to assist us
with information technology  tasks  and needs that we may have ,   we will
be more than willing to assist in any way that we can in return .    But we
have too much work to do on our grid  at this point in time , for us to give
freely of our time and talents .

  I am sorry for those that may have thought that there was something
available to them free .

  If some one out there is interested in seeing what kind of solution we can
be for your animations needs and  If you are willing to  donate some of your
time and talents  to us  in return for us donating some of our time and
talents to you ,  then please  contact me via  private  email , since its
beyond the scope of this topic at that point .

  For those that are still interested ,  we will have to discuss what your
needs are before  we can commit...  I am probably only going to compile
Opensim human like animations at this time , so if you have a need for a
moving dragon you are probably out of luck ...   You more than likely won't
be getting motion capture animations  ....  These are going to be hand made
creations  that convey emotion in an SL context .