[Opensim-users] Converting the Carnegie Mellon Animations?

Karen Palen karenpalensl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 14:31:17 UTC 2010

I think you are correct, but this is derived from the Poser skeletons which
also use the hip as the anchor point. Just from memory there are some other
differences in the "standard" skeletons in the way certain "bones" are
handled.

THe DAZ Millenium figures use a more complex skeleton which includes
"buttocks". This makes for more realistic walks, but this skeleton also is
not carried over into SL/OS. In this case the "buttocks" can usually be
dropped with minimal effect.

This is why Poser BVH files work well with SL and OS!

Karen