[Opensim-users] Running Multiple Sessions of Opensim

Master_Mirage mirage123 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 6 18:44:31 UTC 2010

TaraDesoto wrote:

> Hello
>

> Could someone please give me information on running multiple sessions of
> Opensim.32bitlaunch.exe .   All the information I have been able to find
> on
> this is very dated and doesnt seem to work for "current"  opensim releases
> .   We are running in standalone mode .68 stable release for simplicities
> sake .  We are doing regional scalability tests on our servers so we need
> start running multiple sessions of the regional server in order to
> complete
> our tests .   If there is something else we need to do in order to find
> out
> how many regions we can service with our  system , please let me know .
>
> If this information has been covered on another thread I apologise but any
> information we were able to find after searching for a few hours was dated
> .
>

> Thanks and
>
> Best wishes to you
>
> Tara Lynn Desoto

Well sounds like your to a point with opensimulator that you may be better
off going to grid mode rather than getting into trying to make standalone
work like that (that is the point of gridmode vrs SA.) It can be done that
way but its gets complicated and theres alot of 'depends on' this and that
to do it.
Without knowing more about what you have, its hard to know what way to nudge
you.
Grid mode isant as hard as it might sound really and far more flexable in
the long term.