[Opensim-users] Warning, one month Warning

John Ward jward at uci.edu
Thu Mar 4 19:47:39 UTC 2010

On 03/04/2010 11:02 AM, John Mieske wrote:

>     I am curious about this thinking.  Where would you expect a dev to
>     put a joke even if only between devs if not the svn head or git master?
>

> THIS WAS EXACTLY my point ! Coming from the one guy who said I was being
> paranoid !

We do *NOT* make the same point!  My point is that the devs use the
master copy for code distribution.  I don't think there is a secret dev
only hidden copy.  Master is exactly how I would expect an April Fools
day to be distributed among developers just like any other code.  Some
others like you may expect a secret repository where devs conspire to do
evil things to users computers, but I do not.  Nor does my point include
lies about intentionally crashing servers or suggestions of impropriety
on the part of any dev even those expressing a sense of humor.  That is
your shtick not mine.

John.