[Opensim-users] Warning, one month Warning

Master_Mirage mirage123 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 4 19:37:28 UTC 2010

John Ward-2 wrote:

> On 03/04/2010 09:51 AM, Master_Mirage wrote:
>> Thought that thay were talking about a
>> trick on OSG users or a joke just between devs ect..
>> I never considered it would be done in the master svn code.
>
> I am curious about this thinking.  Where would you expect a dev to put a
> joke even if only between devs if not the svn head or git master?
>
>> In hindsight (now that i know) its not a big deal and is done to have
>> fun.
>> It doset make it into tagged rev. it dosent harm data or have some black
>> hidden stuff in it. Its just a joke and lives for one day in a dev. git
>> build is all.
>>
>> The sky is not falling :)  Have some fun if its done at all this year.
>
> I like your summary very much.
>
> John.

I honestly thought that thay were making something sp. for OSG to use as it
has the most users and there admins could safely use as it came from devs..
OR that devs had some branch thay use to play jokes on each other with, just
to lighten up there day.
I really dident understand at the time.

The real problem was when a few tryed to make mountains outta mole hills
back then. New users prob hit on a sore subject with someone and not know
thay have. The logic thay were using to make trouble with really dident get
passed the sniff test and isant anything new.
Truth is, nothing like that has ever happened in the 1st place. Dev. have rl
jobs programming to. There not going to risk that trust and there jobs. Not
to mention theres not just ONE dev there are many and thay to dont want
there living in question. So the logic of the old argument really had no
point other than to make trouble in my view.

Im saying this so new ppl can understand it a bit and why some answers may
seem odd to them when thay hit a sore spot. There are 2 sides to the story.