[Opensim-users] Correcting some errors

dz dz at bitzend.net
Thu Mar 4 19:08:12 UTC 2010

Karen says....

++++++++++++++
 I am not aware of any specific TOS condition which would forbid my doing
whatever I want with data that I have created and/or have  "full rights" to!
To the contrary, Linden Labs has worked with many groups to help make this
happen in an acceptable way.
For example, both the Hypergrid effort and the Second Inventory software
have ongoing dialogs with Linden Labs about how best to accomplish their
goals. Obviously Linden Labs has many concerns about proprietary or
copyrighted material and much of the dialogues has gone towards making sure
that these concerns are addressed.
++++++++++++++

Incorporated by reference into the TOS is the policy regarding third party
viewers....( the tools you are using to exercise your  RIGHT to remove
content ).   It is now  VERY explicit!

http://secondlife.com/corporate/tpv.php

a short perusal reveals that it contains a section on the features
expressly PROHIBITED in third party tools,  and is quite clear that use of
such tools is a violation of your contract of service, and can result in a
permanant BAN.

..."You must not use or provide any functionality that Linden Lab’s viewers
do not have for exporting content from Second Life unless the functionality
verifies that the content to be exported was created by the Second Life user
who is using the Third-Party Viewer. Specifically, before allowing the user
to export the content, the Third-Party Viewer must verify that the Second
Life creator name for each and every content component to be exported,
including each and every primitive or other content type, is the same as the
Second Life name of the Third-Party Viewer user. This must be done for all
content in Second Life, including content that may be set to “full
permissions.”....

Please STOP posting your "opinions" about  what you and other MAY THINK they
have the the right to do here.   Exporting content that does NOT have YOU
and only YOU as the creator of  ALL of the bits  is expressly prohibited.

Feel free to correct me when you win your argument in a court of law against
Linden Labs