[Opensim-users] OpenSim 0.6.8-binaries startup issue

Robert Klein rtkwebman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 16:37:40 UTC 2010

I have searched around and could not find this particular issue so hoping
someone can help me. I grabbed the 0.6.8-binaries off the opensimulator.org
home page, unzipped them, ran OpenSim.exe and I get the following:

2010-03-01 07:52:59,615 INFO  -
OpenSim.Region.Physics.Manager.PhysicsPluginManager [PHYSICS]: creating
OpenDynamicsEngine
2010-03-01 07:52:59,630 ERROR - OpenSim.Application [APPLICATION]:
APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly
'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system
cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
   at OpenSim.Region.Physics.OdePlugin.OdeScene..ctor(CollisionLocker dode,
String sceneIdentifier)
   at OpenSim.Region.Physics.OdePlugin.OdePlugin.GetScene(String
sceneIdentifier)
   at
OpenSim.Region.Physics.Manager.PhysicsPluginManager.GetPhysicsScene(String
physEngineName, String meshEngineName, IConfigSource config, String
regionName)
   at
OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.RegionApplicationBase.GetPhysicsScene(String
engine, String meshEngine, IConfigSource config, String osSceneIdentifier)
   at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.GetPhysicsScene(String osSceneIdentifier)
   at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.SetupScene(RegionInfo regionInfo, Int32
proxyOffset, IConfigSource configSource, IClientNetworkServer& clientServer)
   at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.CreateRegion(RegionInfo regionInfo, Boolean
portadd_flag, Boolean do_post_init, IScene& mscene)
   at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.CreateRegion(RegionInfo regionInfo, Boolean
portadd_flag, IScene& scene)
   at
OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.LoadRegions.LoadRegionsPlugin.PostInitialise()
   at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.StartupSpecific()
   at OpenSim.OpenSim.StartupSpecific()
   at OpenSim.Framework.Servers.BaseOpenSimServer.Startup()
   at OpenSim.Application.Main(String[] args)

I am running on Windows 2008 Server. When I comment out the ODEPhysics and
use BasicPhysics instead the simulator will run. Any thoughts?

-Robert