[Opensim-users] Hypergrid 1.5 jumps over 6K reproducible

Dolma Dollinger dolma.dollinger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 03:48:46 UTC 2010

I cant hyperjump directly to Openvue directly (from 7000,7000 to 1000,1000)

In Hypergridlinker.cs there is a snippet of code that checks for it

if (!Check4096(handle, out x, out y))
            {
                RemoveHyperlinkRegion(regInfo.RegionID);
                reason = "Region is too far (" + x + ", " + y + ")";
                m_log.Info("[HYPERGRID LINKER]: Unable to link, region
is too far (" + x + ", " + y + ")");
                return false;
            }

However I can hyperjump to dev.germangrid.de:8002 (at 4000,4000) and
then to virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:openvue

Then I can teleport home.

I arrive with my camera fixed and centered at (0,0,0), My avatar isnt
displayed, but I can move it around and even teleport within my grid.
the sim I teleported too isnt displayed, but all other sims in my metagrid are.
No prims rezz however.
Seems the client missed some messages to build up the scene