[Opensim-users] OpenSim + MySQL error on startup

Marck marck00 at nexgo.de
Sun Jun 27 07:17:07 UTC 2010

gdweber at iue.edu wrote:
> I have some trouble getting OpenSim to start using MySQL.
>
> OpenSim version: 0.6.9
> Operating system: Arch Linux, Linux 2.6.33
> MySQL version: 5.1.47-1
> Mono version: 2.6.4-2
>
> Here's the problem: Every time I start opensim, it cannot get
> (and keep) a connection to MySQL.  This is the first line of
> the error messages:
>
> 22:13:11 - Error loading plugin from OpenSim.Services.AssetService.dll, exception MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Connection unexpectedly terminated.
>
> I have the default configuration files, except in
> StandaloneCommon.ini, I have commented out
>
> ;    StorageProvider = "OpenSim.Data.SQLite.dll"
>
> and have uncommented and modified these two lines:
>
>      StorageProvider = "OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll"
>      ConnectionString = "Data Source=localhost;Database=opensim;User ID=opensimulator;Password=********;"

Have you also changed the configuration in OpenSim.ini to use MySQL? It is not sufficient to only do changes in StandaloneCommon.ini. You also need to adjust the settings for "storage_plugin" and "storage_connection_string" in the [Startup] section, and "inventory_plugin", "inventory_source", "userDatabase_plugin", and "user_source" in the [StandAlone] section of OpenSim.ini.