[Opensim-users] OpenSim + MySQL error on startup

gdweber at iue.edu gdweber at iue.edu
Sun Jun 27 02:41:19 UTC 2010

I have some trouble getting OpenSim to start using MySQL.

OpenSim version: 0.6.9
Operating system: Arch Linux, Linux 2.6.33
MySQL version: 5.1.47-1
Mono version: 2.6.4-2

Here's the problem: Every time I start opensim, it cannot get
(and keep) a connection to MySQL.  This is the first line of
the error messages:

22:13:11 - Error loading plugin from OpenSim.Services.AssetService.dll, exception MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Connection unexpectedly terminated.

I have the default configuration files, except in
StandaloneCommon.ini, I have commented out

;    StorageProvider = "OpenSim.Data.SQLite.dll"

and have uncommented and modified these two lines:

    StorageProvider = "OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll"
    ConnectionString = "Data Source=localhost;Database=opensim;User ID=opensimulator;Password=********;"

Now, I *do* have mysqld running!

And I can connect to it with the shell mysql client using the same
database, user name, and password:

$ mysql -h localhost -D opensim -u opensimulator --password=********

Greg Weber