[Opensim-users] Idea for new project "Personal OpenSim Webshop"..

Karen Palen karenpalensl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 23:49:09 UTC 2010

Hi,

I think your idea is GREAT!

However (surprise!) there are soem nasty problems to be solved firts:

1) We need to uniquely identify the avatar over several grids/worlds

2) We need to uniquely identify the product (object, wearable, animation or
whatever) in th esame way.

3) The whole system needs to be robust enough to withstand at least the
obvious "spoofing" (pirate) attacks!

These are all "do-able" goals, however they do NOT exist today and need some
very careful thought about the basic data structures and the resultant
implementations.

I feel strongly enough about this issue that I will commit to spending time
with you in developing such a scheme, but be aware that it is a very subtle
problem with many traps!

Karen