[Opensim-users] Load Testing OpenSim

Mister Blue misterblue at misterblue.com
Mon Jun 21 23:32:13 UTC 2010

I have been doing manual load testing and I am starting to look at more
automation.

I have found that TestClient bots that do something (walk around, chat), in
aggregate, give a load pretty close to a "normal" viewer load.  I have been
using scripts that start up groups of bots that walk around (waypoint to
waypoint) but I don't have good scenarios of what large numbers of avatars
realistically do in a region.

Testing the load of a large number of clients requires a lot of
infrastructure -- multiple client systems and a lot of networking. That
makes stress testing difficult to set up and to create a portable, automated
stress tester.

-- mb