[Opensim-users] A groups Question on Opensim

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 07:04:47 UTC 2010

I wanted to know before I continue to pull my on hair out, if a
standlone can even get groups to work?  I have been trying for a while
now. I am sorry if I seem dumb, but I think I am missing something.  I
get my precompiled version of opensim 6.9 pre-fixed) from OSGrid, with
no intentions of connecting to it.  My personal project lets personal
friends of mine come and enjoy a tour of Shuri Castle during the time of
King Sho nei.

Ok, I don't seem to have any other troubles, my friends log in fine and
so do I.  I don't loose anything but between shutting down and coming
back up some worn items have to be reattached.  I logged into flotsom
and downloaded what I thought I needed from them the php files and all
that.  But once I get how I think they tell me to set it up done, I turn
on the group in the opensim.ini and all I get are errors, and even after
pointing to my own xmlrpc.php in my xampp/htdocs/groups dir via http
address one of the errors I get say it is trying to use something to do
with OSGrid.  Oh and quits while apparently trying to find the user in
the user database.

So it started making me think before I continue maybe I misunderstood
with all these people running with many configurations, should I be
running in Gridmode, not connected to OSGrid but should I need to run my
opensim in grid mode using all those external files to run the user
server so it will find the users.  Or did I do something else wrong.

But if someone could just help me configure groups in a more detailed
way for a standalone that would be nice too.

I use windows 7 64bit using 32bitlaunch.  Running on 8 gig of ram and
1720 gig drive space.  Quad core.
I use MySql data base.  DSL 5.5 kbps and use DynDNS providing my
personal web address.
MY web page runs fine from my machine.  I used XAMPP to install apache,
mysql I downloaded and installed separately first.

I am not a networking expert and might have gone wrong from the start.
I had to change the port in which opensim runs.  because windows 7 was
using 9000 for its own use, I tell opensim to use port 9030 and could on
from there for regions.  Not sure if that was the way to go.  Could I
have done that another way?  I do use a router.  The D-Link 4500 with
Game fuel turned off.

Any help appreciated, thanks.