[Opensim-users] Content Theft and the responsibility of Grid Operators

Robert Martin robertltux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 11:47:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Karen Palen <karenpalensl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the essential requirement is very similar even though the
> implementation differs a whole lot.
>
> The person who claims to "own" the material being copied must present proof
> that it is indeed being copied and not just a vague statement that " they
> are using what looks a lot like my work".
>
> That much is universal!
the big problem is that the DMCA is being used as a version of
Maxwells Silver (sledge)Hammer so we have the big content folks doing
keyword searches and catching

1 their own legitimate postings
2 postings that use the same keywords but are unrelated
3 what is actually fair use bits of content
4 Fan fiction (which the author has stated is allowed)

--
Robert L Martin