[Opensim-users] Making A 30region clone to a 30 sector Mega-region

Len Brown lenwbrown at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 17:13:28 UTC 2010

I have a little "song and dance" I go through now every few weeks with each
new compile I do off the git tree.  Goes from setting up a single region to
basic tasks like teraforming, land texturing, and handling a series of basic
scripts that each are written to perform a very specific task to see how
they relate to each prior build - and some have never worked and are
represented as part of future additions that are currently planned.

I would sincerely love to know where the fault lies when changing textures
and min/max values in the Land Manager and I wonder if they coincide with
other faults I see when I've selected a number of prims and try to change
all their textures at the same time - there is the really bad (and seems to
get worse) tendency for textures to have difficulty queuing up to change
where-ever I wish to apply them.  Sometimes even just a simple 6-sided prim
requires 5, 6 or even 10+ clicks to the selected texture in the selection
list before they finally take hold on the prim through and through.

- Len

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 10:21 AM, John Mieske <johnmieske at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree good job on the stress testing..
>
> and yes, I get that same bug with the textures reverting back. You have to
> do it twice. I have ( 6.8 Post Fixes ) and it does it. i tried it in 6.9 (
> dev ) and it did the same thing. So its a bug I figure that is low priority
>
> John
>

> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Len Brown <lenwbrown at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, I for one think you've done a helluva good enough job just stress
>> testing the heck out of things.  It gives some indication to the rest of us
>> where we stand with our own tests.  As well as things we might consider and
>> avoid in our own trials when the results are really bad.
>>
>> You did mention changing the land textures of each region prior to
>> converting to mega-region...  Tell me if you have this same bug as me:  I
>> have had this issue for the last several months (but not with 0.6.5.1) - I
>> change a land texture and hit apply, then it instantly defaults back.  I had
>> to select and apply twice about 75% of the time - including changing the
>> texture min and max elevations.  It gets VERY irritating when doing a dozen
>> or more regions, each with varying textures and elevations to adjust for
>> continuity.
>>
>> - Len
>>

>> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 8:42 AM, Master_Mirage <mirage123 at verizon.net>wrote:
>>

>>> Thank You len, I hoenstly cant say what functions like that are working
>>> in
>>> opensimulator. Some do and others dont. Assuming that it did work, the