[Opensim-users] Tibetan Classroom OAR

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 29 02:53:46 UTC 2010

Yes +- 128 refers to the fact that 0,0 is the centre of a normal (256x256) region. Megaregions use 0,0 at the lower left corner of the "base region". Apart form some confusion by users this should work just fine.

However whenever you map coordinates of a large number of objects there are always some "special cases" that might not work as anticipated.

In particular, you do have to be aware that the "base" region in a megaregion contains coordinates which mapped for all of objects in all of the regions!

That is to say, if region A and B form a megaregion that is side by side (A 1000X 1000Y and B 1001X 1000Y) then the objects in "B" will have X coordinates from 256 to 512!

This SHOULD be handled properly if you are going from one megaregion to another, but there are sure to be some problems that have not yet been discovered. :-(

BTW I agree that having LaTex formatting for text is a great asset, especially when using non-European languages.

Karen