[Opensim-users] Tibetan Classroom OAR

William Magee billmagee at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:47:47 UTC 2010

Dear Robert and Karen,

The OAR was saved from a single region Diva distro sim standing alone
with its own dedicated MySQL database. All prims are within +-128, if
that cool notation means the region is 256X256.

I run it on Diva r11766 but I think you can load it into a release
region. Please be advised that I have not tried that and should
probably post a note to that effect. I will go do that.

Perhaps the neatest thing about the OAR contents (from the non-Tibetan
linguistic point of view) is the media screen which displays the GIF
result of a LaTeX-formatted string typed at the chat line. My server's
LaTeX installation parses Tibetan and such but also formats math
equations - whatever LaTeX can do with a formating string, this thing
will display. It is a cool hack which I received from a math professor
in Second Life.

Cheers,
Bill Magee
http://haa.ddbc.edu.tw/opensim.php

the classroom

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Karen Palen <karen_palen at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes , unless it is from a "mega region" - ordinary regions have coordinates from +- 128, meagregions allow about +-anything!
>
> Otherwise they are identical!
>
> Going "normal" -> mega requires some handling of "phantom prims", but the other way is virgin territory!
>
> Welcome to the wonderful world of alpha software. LOL
>
> Karen

William Magee, Ph.D.
XVIth Congress of the IABS, Planning Committee Chair
Dharma Drum Buddhist College
Jinshan, Taiwan