[Opensim-users] Problem with Port not being found

Jane Foxclaw janefoxclaw at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 17:46:02 UTC 2010

ok now that we have the sims up and running, I found another snag..  I can
log into the Main sim that has hypergrid and all turned on. BUT, my
secondary server that holds an external sim logs into it. I can log into the
Main Welcome part and see my external sim. Go back and forth. HOWEVER, if I
log directly into my external sim, I cannot see or get into the Main sim. I
can however see it on the map as WATER only. So I know it knows its there.
But on my Main sim console no errors. but on the external Sim I see this in
the console when I first log in :
 20:40:15 - [REST COMMS]: exception on reply of DoCreateChildAgentCall The
remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
What am I forgetting ?  anyone know ?

Thank you again,
Sonya

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Ursula MATOVA <
ursula.matova at klintcentral.net> wrote:

> You're welcome, just let me know if it help :D
> Regards,
>
> Ursula.
>
> Le 16 janv. 10 à 01:11, Jane Foxclaw a écrit :
>
> That is awesome.. cool..   THANK you soo much.. :)
>
> Sonya
>
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Ursula MATOVA <
> ursula.matova at klintcentral.net> wrote:
>
>> Hey Sonya,
>>
>> Here are my own UserServer_Config.xml & MessagingServer_Config.xml ...
>> I cannot explain where they are from because I use them for such a long
>> time in grid mode ... :D
>>
>> UserServer_Config.xml :
>>
>> <Root>
>>   <Config default_startup_message="Welcome to OpenSim"
>> default_grid_server="http://SERVERIP:8003/" grid_send_key="null"
>> grid_recv_key="null" default_inventory_server="http://SERVERIP:8003/"
>> database_provider="OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll" database_connect="Data
>> Source=DBSERVERIP;Database=DBNAME;User ID=DBUSER;Password=DBPASSWD;"
>> http_port="8002" http_ssl="False" default_X="1000" default_Y="1000"
>> enable_llsd_login="True" default_loginLevel="0"
>> library_location="/OPENSIM/ASSETS/inventory/Libraries.xml"
>> default_authentication_server="http://SERVERIP:8002/"
>> enable_hg_login="false" console_user="" console_pass="" />
>> </Root>
>>

>> MessagingServer_Config.xml :
>>
>> <Root>
>>   <Config default_user_server="http://SERVERIP:8002/"
>> user_send_key="null" user_recv_key="null" default_grid_server="
>> http://SERVERIP:8003/" grid_send_key="null" grid_recv_key="null"
>> database_connect="Data Source=DBSERVERIP;Database=DBNAME;User
>> ID=DBUSER;Password=DBPASSWD;" database_provider="OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll"
>> region_comms_provider="OpenSim.Region.Communications.OGS1.dll"
>> http_port="8006" http_ssl="False" published_ip="SERVERIP" console_user=""
>> console_pass="" />
>> </Root>
>>
>> Hope this will help
>>
>> Replace SERVERIP, DBSERVERIP, DBUSER, DBPASSWD and DBNAME by your own ...
>> NOTE: I never use 127.0.0.1 as SERVERIP ... Maybe it's a mistake, but it's
>> always working nice in my case ... :D
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ursula.
>>
>> Le 15 janv. 10 à 15:06, Jane Foxclaw a écrit :
>>
>> ok that probably was the problem. UserServer_Config.xml. I don't know
>> where that or the other file, MessagingServer_Config.xml, is kept. Any ideas
>> ?  Also where are the SQL databases kept ?  I use MySQL.
>> Sonya
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 1:30 AM, Ursula MATOVA <
>> ursula.matova at klintcentral.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jane,
>>>
>>> First: What about the content of UserServer_Config.xml ?
>>> ( Same for MessagingServer_Config.xml )
>>>
>>> Second: When in Grid mode you need to start the UserServer first, then
>>> ROBUST then the MessagingServer and finally the RegionServer
>>>
>>> OpenSim.Grid.UserServer.exe
>>> OpenSim.Server.exe
>>> OpenSim.Grid.MessagingServer.exe
> [...]
>>> [0x00000]
>>>   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream () [0x00000]
>>>   at Nwc.XmlRpc.XmlRpcRequest.Send (System.String url, Int32 timeout)
>>> [0x00000]
>>>   at Nwc.XmlRpc.XmlRpcRequest.Invoke (System.String url) [0x00000]
>>>   at
>>> OpenSim.Grid.MessagingServer.Modules.InterMessageUserServerModule.registerWithUserServer
>>> () [0x00000]
>>>
>>> OpenSim.ini file port settings
>>> [Network]
>>>     ConsoleUser = "Test"
>>>     ConsolePass = "secret"
>>>     http_listener_port = 9000
>>>     default_location_x = 1000
>>>     default_location_y = 1000
>>>
>>>     ; ssl config: Experimental!  The auto https config only really works
>>> definately on windows XP now
>>>     ; you need a Cert Request/Signed pair installed in the MY store with
>>> the CN specified below
>>>     ; you can use https on other platforms, but you'll need to configure
>>> the httpapi yourself for now
>>>     http_listener_ssl = false ; Also create a SSL server
>>>     http_listener_cn = "localhost" ; Use the cert with the common name
>>>     http_listener_sslport = 9001 ; Use this port for SSL connections
>>>     http_listener_ssl_cert = "" ; Currently unused, but will be used for
>>> OSHttpServer
>>>
>>>     ; Hostname to use in llRequestURL/llRequestSecureURL
>>>     ; if not defined - default machine name is being used
>>>     ; (on Windows this mean NETBIOS name - useably only inside local
>>> network)
>>>     ; ExternalHostNameForLSL=127.0.0.1
>>>     ; Uncomment below to enable llRemoteData/remote channels
>>>     ; remoteDataPort = 20800
>>>
>>>     grid_server_url = "http://173.212.195.224:8003"
>>>     grid_send_key = "1234"
>>>     grid_recv_key = "1234"
>>>
>>>     user_server_url = "http://173.212.195.224:8002"
>>>     user_send_key = "1234"
>>>     user_recv_key = "1234"
>>>
>>>     asset_server_url = "http://173.212.195.224:8003"
>>>
>>>     inventory_server_url = "http://173.212.195.224:8003"
>>>
>>>     ; The MessagingServer is a companion of the UserServer. It uses
>>>     ; user_send_key and user_recv_key, too
>>>     messaging_server_url = "http://173.212.195.224:8006"
>>>
>>>     ; What is reported as the "X-Secondlife-Shard"
>>>     ; Defaults to the user server url if not set
>>>     ; The old default is "OpenSim", set here fro compatibility
>>>     shard = "OpenSim"
>>>
>>> OpenSim.Server.ini settings
>>> ; * The startup section lists all the connectors to start up in this
>>> server
>>> ; * instance. This may be only one, or it may be the entire server suite.
>>> ; * Multiple connectors should be seaprated by commas.
>>> ; *
>>> ; * These are the IN connectors the server uses, the in connectors
>>> ; * read this config file and load the needed OUT and database connectors
>>> ; *
>>> ; * Add "OpenSim.Server.Handlers.dll:AuthenticationServiceConnector" to
>>> ; * enable the experimental authentication service
>>> ServiceConnectors =
>>> "OpenSim.Server.Handlers.dll:AssetServiceConnector,OpenSim.Server.Handlers.dll:InventoryServiceInConnector,OpenSim.Server.Handlers.dll:FreeswitchServerConnector,OpenSim.Server.Handlers.dll:GridServiceConnector"
>>>
>>> ; * This is common for all services, it's the network setup for the
>>> entire
>>> ; * server instance
>>> ; *
>>> [Network]
>>> port = 8003
>>>
>>> ; * The following are for the remote console
>>> ; * They have no effect for the local or basic console types
>>> ; * Leave commented to diable logins to the console
>>> ;ConsoleUser = Test
>>> ;ConsolePass = secret
>>>
>>> ; * As an example, the below configuration precisely mimicks the legacy
>>> ; * asset server. It is read by the asset IN connector (defined above)
>>> ; * and it then loads the OUT connector (a local database module). That,
>>> ; * in turn, reads the asset loader and database connection information
>>> ; *
>>> [AssetService]
>>> LocalServiceModule = "OpenSim.Services.AssetService.dll:AssetService"
>>> DefaultAssetLoader = "OpenSim.Framework.AssetLoader.Filesystem.dll"
>>> AssetLoaderArgs = "assets/AssetSets.xml"
>>> StorageProvider = "OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll"
>>> ConnectionString ="Data Source=localhost;Database=opensim;User
>>> ID=root;Password=I have put one here;";
>>>
>>> ; * This configuration loads the inventory server modules. It duplicates
>>> ; * the function of the legacy inventory server
>>> ; *
>>> [InventoryService]
>>> LocalServiceModule =
>>> "OpenSim.Services.InventoryService.dll:InventoryService"
>>> UserServerURI = "http://173.212.195.224:8002"
>>> SessionAuthentication = "true"
>>> StorageProvider = "OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll"
>>> ConnectionString ="Data Source=localhost;Database=opensim;User
>>> ID=root;Password=I have put one here;";
>>>
>>> ; * This is the configuration for the freeswitch server in grid mode
>>> [FreeswitchService]
>>> LocalServiceModule =
>>> "OpenSim.Services.FreeswitchService.dll:FreeswitchService"
>>>
>>> ; * This is the new style authentication service. Currently, only MySQL
>>> ; * is implemented. "Realm" is the table that is used for user lookup.
>>> ; * By setting it to "users", you can use the old style users table
>>> ; * as an authentication source.
>>> ; *
>>> [AuthenticationService]
>>> AuthenticationServiceModule =
>>> "OpenSim.Services.AuthenticationService.dll:PasswordAuthenticationService"
>>> StorageProvider = "OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll"
>>> ConnectionString ="Data Source=localhost;Database=opensim;User
>>> ID=root;Password=I have put one here;";
>>> ; Realm = "users"
>>>
>>> ; * This is the new style user service.
>>> ; * "Realm" is the table that is used for user lookup.
>>> ; * It defaults to "users", which uses the legacy tables
>>> ; *
>>> [UserAccountService]
>>> AuthenticationServiceModule =
>>> "OpenSim.Services.UserService.dll:UserAccountService"
>>> StorageProvider = "OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll"
>>> ConnectionString ="Data Source=localhost;Database=opensim;User
>>> ID=root;Password=I have put one here;";
>>> ; Realm = "users"
>>>
>>> ; * This is the new style grid service.
>>> ; * "Realm" is the table that is used for user lookup.
>>> ; * It defaults to "regions", which uses the legacy tables
>>> ; *
>>> [GridService]
>>> LocalServiceModule = "OpenSim.Services.GridService.dll:GridService"
>>> StorageProvider = "OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll:MySqlRegionData"