[Opensim-users] Walk / Run Animations - Free Replacements for the Defaults

Russ McClay mcclay at taolodge.com
Sat Jan 16 10:59:42 UTC 2010

I'm enjoying my stand-alone OpenSim.

Things have come a long way since the
last time I tried (couple of years ago).

First thing I needed when I got in was
a replacment for the default walk and run
animations. I wasn't able to find any suitable
BVH files on the net so I made my own animations
in Poser.

I have some experience with simple animations
but these are my first run and walk animations.
The feet are a little close in walk mode and a
little spread apart in run mode, but overall
they serve as decent replacements until
I find or make something better.

They seem to work OK for standard male or
female avatars.

So I'm offering these to the community free,
open source. The BVH files are text files so
feel free to play with them.

How to Use:

Just upload the bvh files as animations.

+ In the dialog, set Priority to 4.
+ Loop is checked.  In 0.0 / Out 100.0
+ The rest leave as default.

Right click on the animation in Inventory
and copy AssetUUID to clipboard.

Open avataranimations.xml (in the data
directory) and replace the default IDs by
pasting over with the uploaded animation IDs.

Restart the OpenSim.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2436157/walk_run_-_bvh_animations_for_second_life.zip

-r