[Opensim-users] Banning "bad" viewers was Re: Can this be done?

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 16:29:28 UTC 2010

Yes I agree. Work which a malware author almost certainly will not perform, but anyone who is trying to produce a useful client will do so as to help debugging and problem tracing.

As you point elsewhere, out the net result is to ban only people who are trying to improve the software while providing no barrier at all to the people you want to keep out!

Naturally this does assume that the grid operator has an interest in attracting users.

As you can see with internet websites and Second Life sims there are a great many reasons why people set them up. Ego trips and self promotion being only some of the more rational of the reasons!

I think we can expect that entire "public" grids will be set up for equally insane (inane?) reasons, promoting a favourite viewer will certainly be one of those reasons.

Clearly that is the owner's "right", but it is also my "right" to simply ignore the idiots.

Karen