[Opensim-users] Banning "bad" viewers was Re: Can this be done?

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 13 19:18:37 UTC 2010

This is the difference between what you tell "the world" and what you tell yourself (and your team).

Certainly no one leaves a sign on their car saying "I often forget to take my keys with me", but "leaving a key under the mat" is a time honoured tradition in many families. My mother in law's house being one such. :-)

If it makes everyone a little more careful then it can only help, but if someone gets the idea that only "bad viewers" cause harm (as I have seen loudly touted on less "techie oriented" forums) then it can give a false sense of security.

When that "fools paradise" is exposed it tends to lead to the kind of panic we see among some of the larger content creators in Second Life. That does nothing but harm for everyone!

Karen