[Opensim-users] Banning "bad" viewers was Re: Can this be done?

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 05:24:30 UTC 2010

As I think of it the answer is the same.

The Linden Labs viewer does send an identification and version number, bat that really does very little. Almost every viewer out there is based on the current LL viewer and many people don't bother changing this code for their experimental versions.

For example I just checked and I have a customised LL viewer where the only change is that it will log on to my private sim by default. The ID codes are identical to the original since I never bothered to change them.

I use it to make sure that my private sim will run OK with the "official" viewer.

I am not really sure why you would want that restriction though. Should I be considering that for my sim? Have I missed something here?

Sorry.

Karen