[Opensim-users] llParticleSystem

Clive Gould cliveg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 13:10:32 UTC 2010

Hi

I'm in the process of copying my LSL exhibition from SL into a
hypergrided OpenSim standalone. Eventually I hope to make this
available as an OAR file to the community.

I'm gradually copying the posters and their accompanying scripts over
and all is well up to poster 21.

I'm struggling with the poster 21 script that works fine in SL, but
doesn't appear to work in OpenSim.

I suspect the problem lies with the llParticleSystem function. I
append the script to this posting.

1) Any ideas what I need to do to get this script working?
2) Does anyone have any llParticleSystem scripts that work in OpenSim
that they'd be willing to share with me?

Thanks very much

Clive
(SL: Clive Pro)

// Code for Poster 21:

integer second;

default
{
    state_entry()
    {
        second = 0;
        llParticleSystem( [] );  //reset system
        state new;
    }
}

state new
{
    touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
    // output particles
    llParticleSystem(
   [
    PSYS_PART_FLAGS,         PSYS_PART_WIND_MASK | PSYS_PART_EMISSIVE_MASK,
    PSYS_SRC_PATTERN,  PSYS_SRC_PATTERN_EXPLODE,
    PSYS_PART_START_COLOR,   <1,1,0>
   ] );
   llSetTimerEvent( 1 );
    }