[Opensim-users] Opensim+MySQL on Windows XP Home

Russ McClay mcclay at taolodge.com
Sat Jan 9 03:46:44 UTC 2010

On Jan 8, 2010 at 19:20 -0800 Jeff1564 transmitted the following...

J => Can Opensim+MySQL work on Windows XP Home?
J =>
J =>            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgNkg5DtT4g

That's an excellent tutorial, I like the soundtrack. =)

It leads me to a couple of questions:

1. Aside from easy management of the database tables using
PHPMyAdmin is there a difference in overall performance
on a Windows XP box using MySQL as opposed to sqllite?

2. Any recommendations on what would be the best way to convert
my sqllite databases to MySQL if I wanted to do that?

-r