[Opensim-users] Speaking of Content Theft, How About Our Own Backyard?

Impalah Shenzhou impalah at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 14:49:10 UTC 2010

Well, anyone can fake these uuid as you can fake, for example, mail or
http headers... I think the security depends more on the grid you are
attached than to the protocol you use... for example, maybe OSGrid
could provide some kind of security but it only applies to its
registered and controlled users but not to hypergrid users.

The opensim/secondlife/whatever protocol is unsecure by default (like
http protocol, for example).. the main security is on the viewer.
Maybe some kind of patch could be introduced but, is this worth it?