[Opensim-users] Speaking of Content Theft, How About Our Own Backyard?

John Mieske johnmieske at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 12:42:31 UTC 2010

Whoa.. easy girl..  didn't mean to tick ya off..  lol

It was O Hundred in the morning for me and you know what the O stands for ?
 OMG its early in the morning..   hahaha

Actually I think i was trying to say that with the exception of Textures and
Sounds have items that you would know as prims have some sort of UUID on it.
When I use Second Inventory it attaches my UUID from my previous avatar to
the file name. It does that so if you re-upload it to SL it knows who you
are.

It wont stop a thief but more or less slow them down. The other thing is if
you upload with one UUID then the database can remember that one UUID and it
from that point on will allow only one UUID content to be uploaded.  If you
upload another file with a different file, it then flags you..  If you
upload another one it alerts people when you look at their profile..  I'm
just throwing ideas out there guys..  someone might have some idea based off
these little stupid ideas i'm making.. but its worth a shot.

The sad part to the thief is that they MUST have a UUID number in the file
name or it will refuse to allow them to upload. Just a thought. ( Again this
wont apply to some items like textures if you upload one texture at a time.
However Bulk textures yes.. make them have a UUID. I mean seriously. This is
why the UUID exists, why not use it. )

John

John Mieske / Winword Exonar
http://johnmieske.org