[Opensim-users] Problem with sculpties was Re: Speaking of Content Theft, How About Our Own Backyard?

Len Brown lenwbrown at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 14:00:11 UTC 2010

I think I finally broke free of my SL addiction through OS.  Then again,
once I was finally able to migrate all my work into OS that helped
immeasurably.

When Zindra opened up I teamed up with one of the so-called land sharks to
purchase a full region, then I took 16,384m2 in the precise center of the
region as my own and he sold off the rest in 12 4,096m2 parcels.

I devoted myself to that land area for a long time, mainly because it was
1/4 sim so it cost "just" $75 a month in tier.  But also because its precise
center was 128,128 which aided me in many of my designs.  As mentioned
before, I'm fairly maths-dependent on much of my day to day reasoning and so
using a starting point for everything I built at 128,128,128 XYZ coords made
my virtual life easier to deal with.

Now with OS I find it more and more difficult to justify paying $75 a month
for 1/4 of a sim, especially since I can now create an unlimited number of
sims for nothing..  I can only hope that eventually OS will have as slick
and intuitive avatar control as Second Life now has.  That is the one thing
that still daws me to SL.  Being able to walk about and move freely with so
much control is a good feeling compared to my clumsy and "thrashing" control
in OS.  And walking up stairs will be a joyous occasion in OpenSim when I no
longer have to use invisible ramps to avoid constant tripping and squatting
when going up them.  :)

- Len W. Brown
  lenwbrown at gmail.com
     http://www.lenfocenter.com