[Opensim-users] Question about IAR files

Len Brown lenwbrown at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 21:41:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 2:13 PM, marcel verhagen <marceled9 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am happy with the save tools of opensim. It enables me to build cool
> things with a real time pressure.
> Cause it is easy to back up all created on the sims and in my inventory on
> the serverside.
>
> Somehow I do not feel the need to copy over tons of things from sl and
> back.
>
> However I find the idea that someone who logs in with a pirate viewer and
> also can copy all the things on my sims from the viewer side a bit
> disturbing.
>
> Makes me wonder can I block those viewers from my own opensims ?

I am unsure if the scripts work in OpenSim, but in Second Life there are all
kinds of scripts now that detect and instantly ban avatars from your land as
well as immediately filing an abuse report with Linden Lab.

Interestingly, this is the first and only time in Linden Lab history have
they taken immediate interest in these abuse reports and have a slew of
people on hand 24/7 to actively investigate and ban users.  It's the only
reason why getting banned from Second Life completely is such a swift
action.

I've reported people in-world numerous times over the years for displays of
obvious and very disgusting ch*ld p*rn images and content and found the same
stuff STILL fully visible and accessible in-world weeks later.  Proof Linden
Lab didn't care until a threat came along to cut into their profit margin.
Suddenly they have employed a fleet of administrators to follow up on
"illegal viewers" immediately and ruthlessly.

:)

--
- Len W. Brown
  lenwbrown at gmail.com