[Opensim-users] MySQL on seperate server?

Impalah Shenzhou impalah at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 08:56:41 UTC 2010

I had the temptation to do a cron script to delete "orphan" assets but,
using grid configuration, I've found that:
- Assets are disconnected from users. So the only way to know the owner of
an asset is to request info to Inventory Servers. Not a real problem... or
direct accessing to inventory database or implementing a method for querying
on inventory server.
- Objects in regions are not in any user inventory, so the script has to
query all regions in the grid.
- It is possible that a user has his/her own inventory server, so each of
them should be checked as well.
- And of course the script should query the user server first to get user
data, and then the inventory server defined in the data.
- Could be possible to query the last access for an asset too but... which
is the time window to consider an asset "useless"?

So maybe for 10-20 regions I won't have too much problems but "what if" I
have 100?

Opensim does not provide some methods natively (I understand that it is a
secondary problem nowadays) so the easy solution is direct access to
database.