[Opensim-users] OpenSim Toolkit Demo

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 15 20:28:48 UTC 2010

I like the approach that Diva has taken with local custom settings in the .ini file.

She actually has a folder for "local includes" which are included as part of the overall OpenSim.ini and overrides any parameter that you need to customise!

This works very well since typically you only have two or three special parameters. However these settings they do need to be carried over from release to release. It is also very convenient to have all of your localisations in one place!

So far the only shortcoming that I have seen with this approach is the the set and reset of some parameters is not symmetrical. For example, once these parameters are set to true, setting them to false later in the opensim.ini file does not completely restore the initial false state!

Karen