[Opensim-users] Error from "save oar"

John Hopkin opensim at jfhopkin.karoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 10 18:56:56 UTC 2010

Dave Coyle wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 18:10:12 -0500, John Hopkin
> <opensim at jfhopkin.karoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > So, mono's in /usr/local/bin and it's 2.2. Yet Synaptic says that
> > 2.4.2.3 is installed - I've uninstalled at and reinstalled previously.
> > My Linux-foo isn't currently up to installing into anything other than
> > what the package demands and what Synaptic does.
>
> If you installed mono from the official Ubuntu repos it'll be in /usr/bin
> , not /usr/local/bin .  So that must be a second version you installed in
> /usr/local.  If it was installed via a package:
>
>      $ dpkg -S /usr/local/bin/mono
>
> will tell you the name of the package it came from.

jfhopkin at Iras:~$ /usr/bin/mono -V
Mono JIT compiler version 2.4.2.3 (Debian 2.4.2.3+dfsg-2)
Copyright (C) 2002-2008 Novell, Inc and Contributors.
www.mono-project.com
	TLS:           __thread
	GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC)
	SIGSEGV:       altstack
	Notifications: epoll
	Architecture:  x86
	Disabled:      none
jfhopkin at Iras:~$ dpkg -S /usr/local/bin/mono
dpkg: /usr/local/bin/mono not found.
jfhopkin at Iras:~$

So you're right, it's the /usr/bin one that's 2.4. Maybe dpkg doesn't
find the package because 2.2 was compiled from source? Or does that
not make sense?
--
John Hopkin