[Opensim-users] freeswitch problems (talk button)

John Mieske johnmieske at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 14:46:27 UTC 2010

dang ok..  yea the tuts show how to get it running on single computer.. but
then the bandwidth just kills your sim because your sending roughly 90K
upload per person steady at all times..  not to mention what the sim does
per person.. talk about lag.  when you split up the voice seperate from the
sim it keeps the CPU from having to work harder then it needs. AND if you
have a HUGE backbone then it wont matter but these poor guys who have this
at home on one braodband cable .. omg the lag..  I wont even touch toe in
those sims..  they dont last.

For those who dont understand..  Multiply 90 times 8. ( 90 x 8 = 720
thousand bits .. Almost a meg ) So if your upload limit is 512 K Upload then
your over your limit just by one person. if you have a 2 meg upload rate
like most ISPs do, then you can only have 2 people on your sim EVER using
voice. a 3rd will try, but the calls wil drop and you end up with people
loosing conversation. Just thought I would meantion this.

John