[Opensim-users] Thoughts of making a grid accoring to well

Master_Mirage mirage123 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 5 22:51:20 UTC 2010

In my mega region posts i got alot of cool email back, i am so happy for them
all. I said i would touch on the other stuff in another blog here.
Im an old sl's years old i did well and met alot ppl and i loved it.
Back then this was just alot of ppl sitting around spending alot of money to
someone else saying "Think we can do that too!"
and thats exactly what it is now.
Opesimulator is outta the box now. The rest is what we do with it all.
In the other place there was not alot left that i couldent do. It got kinda
lame for me.
It was no small thing for anyone and back then no one knew if anything like
3dworlds would work.

Now with me all bored , allrready had sims and did my thing, i wasent really
incharge of it.
In that time met verry cool one of a kind ppl, some lovers some i cant
discribe but not one a joker as thay each earnd repect and lot of times
better than me.

Anyway What happend was it simply got to expesive and mutch more than mind
to art is worth.

Enters a new though and that is I hear about Opensimulator .. open to anyone

I say if i took the money were spending and check this out. us odd fellas
can stay.

So we did

!st this was , need money!
easy thing sell off all assests in the other place and buy computers.
that we did
got 5 actualy. Our risk but if this new alpha stuff got it 1/2 right thats
good enough :)
Next came to planning
why 5 ?
At the time in order to run a full grid it had many service needed. We asked
but never got a good answer about how there used. In hindsigth no one does.
UGAIM was the WORD. Being simple we ask FTF. wasent perty but thay tryed.
Rebeber this was never done b4 let alone me asking qustions.

Anyway I got my pals in the other world waiting. There not gonna wait
forever on me.
So i took a chance sold OUT and got the right stuff from that effort.

The 1st thought was lay out, No one knew what it was .. So i thought nahh
not gonna do it like that, ill do it with what i expect and hope the rest
So i 1st set up MYsql server Free and who knows. One down
next i had Opesim services .. UGAIM at the time.. put them all on one or
each need there owen or fook if knew :)
decided we would group mysql w. just that , problem latency.. Its real and
thats right!
But We wanted scaleabuilty.. region servers in my thinking were allready
thought out .. So all the rest of the computers just conneced to the lan
servers that had the serv. My thinking was Lantecy be dammed! growth and
subsystems rocks as were not using just one computer to .. compute

Rember all region servers are local lan. That let me define it alot. No one
can connect like a cell region. The impact  of allowing it wasent worth the
cool ppls stuff so we set it all that OFF
that let us work on the front end .. No HG no other way in ..
we decided to make that open .. make an acount and there yah go
How to make a grid depends :)