[Opensim-users] configuration tools for building opensim.ini file

Mic Bowman cmickeyb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:08:55 UTC 2010

I spent some time over the holidays working on some configuration scripts to
simplify building opensim.ini and regions.ini files. At this point, the
opensim.ini configuration tool seems to be fairly stable (and we're now
using it for all of the simulators that we run). In its simplest form, it
can be used to create (and maintain) an OpenSim.ini file with all the
standard OpenSim defaults. In its more complex form, it can automate
generation of configuration files for a large number of simulators.

As part of writing the tool, I did put up a page that contains the grid
configuration settings necessary to connect to ScienceSim:
http://www.sciencescim.com/scisim/gridinfo.php.

Documentation and download are here:
http://www.sciencesim.com/wiki/doku.php/ops/ostools. The code is provided
completely as-is... it might work for you, it might not. But it sure made my
life easier.

Oh yeah... one of the benefits is that this tool sorts the config file and
standardizes the format. That means you can run diff on multiple versions to
see exactly (and only) what has changed. Again... we found that very useful
as we try to keep up with the changes coming from OpenSim core.

--mic