[Opensim-users] Having some problems with XEngine under Linux

Chris Kennedy mewtwo0641 at cox.net
Wed Feb 3 04:05:27 UTC 2010

I've compiled the latest git revision as of today on Windows 7 32bit
and also on Linux (Ubuntu Jaunty) 32bit. I have about 85 scripts to load
in 1 region in standalone using MySQL as the database and XEngine for scripts.

In Windows, OpenSim will load up all the scripts in less than a minute, 2 minutes tops, and
also unload XEngine plus scripts on 'quit' command in a few seconds.

However, when running OpenSim under Linux (on the same computer, different boot disk) it takes over
5 minutes to load all of the scripts and it takes a couple minutes (at least)
to unload XEngine and the scripts from memory to shut the server down.

I've tried tweaking my settings for mono and also MySQL to no avail. Have also
tried tweaking the settings in the XEngine setting in OpenSim.ini such as the Min
and Max Threads and Priority = "Normal" (rather than BelowNormal as default).

Have also tried the same setup on 2 other computers of mine with the same issues.
The latest stable release with post fixes also exhibits this issue (0.6.8 as of this writing).

Can't seem to find any info on the opensimulator wiki, mantis,
or on Google/Other search engines.

Only other info I can think of to give is machine specs:
Linux Mint 7 a.k.a. Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04)
Mono 2.4.2.3
MySQL 5.1.31
AMD Phenom Tri Core @ 2.3 ghz
3 GB RAM

I would like to use Linux for OpenSim rather than Windows.
Does anyone know what might be causing this and how I can fix it; or a point in
the right direction please? Any help would be greatly appreciated!