[Opensim-users] (no subject)

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 23 01:33:43 UTC 2010

On 22/12/10 22:11, Fleep Tuque wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Paul Emery <pablo at lansing.com <mailto:pablo at lansing.com>> wrote:
>
>     Have been trying to save Oar from my osgrid linked region and then load to a Diva 4 region stand alone. Can't seem
>     to get it to work. Any hints.
>

> Hi Paul,
>
> What happens when you try to load the oar file?  What command are you using?  Do you see any error messages on the
> console when you try to load it?
>
> I've been able to successfully load oar files saved from my OSGrid region to a Diva Distro standalone, though haven't
> tried it recently.  I don't recall having any problems..

Hi Paul (and Fleep).  What I suspect you're seeing is errors like this when you try to load the oar.

2010-12-21 22:16:39,700 ERROR - OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Serialization.SceneObjectSerializer [SERIALIZER]:
Deserialization of xml failed with System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document. --->
System.InvalidOperationException: 'Scripted,' is not a valid value for OpenMetaverse.PrimFlags.

This is because the default object serialization format in the master dev branch briefly changed between about 17 Oct to
29 Nov in a way that was not backward compatible with older OpenSim releases (including the current Diva distro).  After
29 Nov, the format became backwards compatible again.

Because the OSGrid distro follows the development branch, this leaves a small window where OARs were saved with
non-backward compatible object serialization formats.

If this is the problem, then I suggest loading the OARs back into the most current OSGrid distro and saving them out
again.  This should give them the uptodate backward compatible format.

On older OSGrid distros there will also have been a --version switch on "save oar" which could save out the old object
format.  However, since Dec 11 this switch has been dropped as it's doesn't currently do anything significant.

Of course Paul, you could be experiencing something else entirely, in which case we would need answers to the questions
that Fleep asks, and data such as version numbers of the osgrid and diva distros.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org