[Opensim-users] OFF TOPIC Re: Google Earth for the Human Body

Villano, Paul Mr CIV USA TRADOC paul.villano at us.army.mil
Fri Dec 17 14:24:16 UTC 2010

While I didn't see the harm of the off topic note, below, that seemed to upset some people, recommend that any future postings that don't directly involve Open-Sim be labelled OFF-TOPIC in the subject.  Also that it NOT be called "spam."  Spam has come to have a meaning of something harmful, including viruses, phishing attempts, etc.  Not only did this note not fit that category but that label could cause alarm that is unintended and unmerited.  OFF-TOPIC would allow folks to quickly delete notes without reading them while not accusing (directly or indirectly) anyone of serious wrongdoing.