[Opensim-users] Google Earth for the Human Body

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 17 00:18:34 UTC 2010

Posts to this list should have something to do with OpenSim.

I don't know of many good lists for discussing virtual world/environment topics in general.  One such is the
VirtualWorlds group on Linkedin

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=744527

(which is members only but anybody who applies is added, afaik).

On 16/12/10 23:08, Patricia F Anderson wrote:
> I didn't find it spammy at all. It was very interesting, and relevant
> in that the link discussed how avatars might be developing in the
> future. Are there explicit restrictions or guidelines for posting to
> the list? Puzzled, Patricia
>
> (My apologies if this comes through twice - I accidentally posted from
> the wrong email address.

> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 5:56 PM, andrew johnson
> <rossifan2007 at hotmail.co.uk>  wrote:
>>
>> uh - this is spam - so someone needs to delete this one
>>
>> ________________________________
>>> Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 07:51:17 +0900
>>> From: jjwwcao at gmail.com
>>> To: opensim-users at lists.berlios.de
>>> Subject: [Opensim-users] Google Earth for the Human Body
>>>
>>> Behold Google's Body Browser in WebGL -- Google Earth for the Human
>>> Body (And the Shape of Avatars to Come)
>>>
>>> The Google Body Browser is very
>>> cool application of WebGL, the 3D graphics protocol that was just
>>> integrated into Google Chrome's Beta channel
>>> today.
>>> To check it out, you'll of course need to download Chrome
>>> Beta or Firefox
>>> Beta. It displays a human
>>> body in full 3D, and at the moment (it's only a 20% complete
>>> application), you can move your camera view around it entirely.
>>>
>>> Detail and take a look
>>> here.http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2010/12/google-body-browser.html

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org