[Opensim-users] How to move the gatekeeper service to it's own port?

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Thu Dec 16 19:24:26 UTC 2010

Separating the UserAgents service from the Gatekeeper service requires
an additional change in one of the connectors of the Gatekeeper:

It is:
[GatekeeperService]
   UserAgentService =
"OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.dll:UserAgentService"

It should use the connector instead:

[GatekeeperService]
    UserAgentService =
"OpenSim.Services.Connectors.dll:UserAgentServiceConnector"

Which in turn requires you to provide a URI for it, so that the
Gatekeeper can properly talk to the UserAgents service on the other process:

[UserAgentService]
   UserAgentServerURI = "http://mygrid.org:8002/"
(Make sure to add the '/ at the end... buglet)

I haven't tried this particular combination, but it ought to work.