[Opensim-users] Most stable monetary system?

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 15:01:55 UTC 2010

I confess I haven't looked too deeply into the money system modules, but I'd
be extremely wary of implementing anything that had real world currency
linked to it.  First, it opens up a can of worms in terms of security
concerns, nevermind the complexities of the tax/banking/gambling/exchange
laws that might apply in your jurisdiction.

Even if you implement a closed currency system, everything I've read from
the opensim devs seems to suggest that it's risky business at this point in
the development since there may be ways for even a closed monetary system to
be gamed.

Personally I'm not interested in opening myself up to that kind of
liability, but if you're going to go that route, I'd proceed very cautiously
and make sure you understand what the potential risks are.

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
Project Manager, UC Second Life
Second Life Ambassador, Ohio Learning Network
UCit Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406E Zimmer Hall
PO Box 210088