[Opensim-users] Diva Distro - Hitting Walls

iSkye Silverweb iskye.silverweb at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 03:04:42 UTC 2010

Here's an update:
We found a bit of a workaround, but it's not ideal.  It's a way to get us
all in at once so we can work together until we get a permanent fix.

Here's what we do:
1. on server hosts file he added the server local address with the FQDN
2. logging in, then removing the entry in server hosts file again so the
external computers can get in
3. and this is when the internal client is on another pc (not on the same
computer that is running opensim)

If he tries just changing the hosts file on the internal client it doesn't
make any difference, he can't get in unless he puts an entry into the hosts
file on the server.  So it's a routing/addressing problem somewhere.

Ideally we think diva needs to have a a way to differentiate between LAN and
WAN users, and have two different addresses for people - inside and outside
the network.  Maybe we're missing something...