[Opensim-users] MySql.Data.dll could not be loaded - error message on startup

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 1 00:29:38 UTC 2010

On 30/11/10 18:34, Matto Destiny wrote:

> Dont forget Ubuntu 10.10 uses mono 2.6 and uses xbuild to compile NOT nant.
>
> So do a fresh OpenSim download and also install apt-get install mono-xbuild
> onto
>

> Heres a tweet from justincc:-
> On Ubuntu 10.10 it uses mono 2.6.7 and doesnt use nant due to Version of
> nant in Ubuntu 10.10 referencesSystem.ServiceModel.Web 3.0 but mono 2.6.7
> only bundles 3.5. Have to use xbuild. If using Ubuntu 10.04 or below then
> use nant if you wish.

Rather embarrassingly I was wrong about this.  Nant was trying to link against old library versions because I hadn't
re-run prebuild.

After running prebuild.sh nant does work on latest OpenSim on Ubuntu 10.10, even if the build does keep complaining that

[csc] The compiler for "Mono 2.0 Profile" does not support limiting the platform on which the compiled code can run.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org