[Opensim-users] osprofile module - advice?

Gwyneth Llewelyn gwyneth.llewelyn at gwynethllewelyn.net
Mon Aug 30 20:18:49 UTC 2010

In my case, unfortunately, osprofile requires PHP to be compiled with
XML-RPC, which it isn't on my (shared) server. I'm patiently trying to
port the whole code to use the popular (and intensely tested!) Incutio
XML-RPC which comes bundled with Wordpress. Sadly, I haven't had any
luck so far...

On 2010/08/27, at 17:30, Jor3l Boa wrote:

> I still dont get why this modules are not bundled or part of the
> core of OpenSimulator (groups, profile, IM and money maybe). I can
> help to mantain a PHP for each version but I think something inside
> the core is better

I think that's because all this functionality comes with SimianGrid (http://code.google.com/p/openmetaverse/wiki/SimianGrid
), a replacement of the ROBUST servers that is fully written in PHP,
and adds all that functionality and much, much more :) I'm eager to
try it out myself :)

	- Gwyn

--
"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
   -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08