[Opensim-users] osprofile module - advice?

marcel verhagen marceled9 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 19:40:36 UTC 2010

I have also got the nhl profile and the search. (a bit different though, but
very similar.)

I think this is the way it can be done (omg who wants an virtual world
without a profile and search ?), but it certainly is not the way it should
be done.

The both are made like addon-modules and working with php scripts to update
the database. The php scripts require a apache server to be running. I bet
most of us run the apache on the same machine opensim is running on.

I think the search and the profile should indeed be hooked as robust
services. I think there is nobody who has written the SearchServer, the
ProfileServer and the coresponing database wrappers. I bet the people
working on these modules have invested their time in getting it to run with
the latest opensim releases.