[Opensim-users] How to export to OpenSim

Karen Palen karenpalensl at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 19:04:14 UTC 2010

According to Canonical, all you have to do is add a copy to their
"launchpad" repository - I am sure there is more to it than that, and I will
look into it ASAP (like after Sept 6 :-) )

If it is BSD/GPL licensed (i.e. unrestricted distribution) then you can add
it to the "Community Maintained (universe) list and 99% of Ubuntu users will
get it as an optional distribution. AFIK Imprudence satisfies this criteria,
but it is always good to double check.

"Community" stuff simply appears in the Synaptic handler and the user's
"Ubuntu Software Center" together with the 30K+ packages there.

Karen