[Opensim-users] Running save oar from command line?

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 20 00:41:40 UTC 2010

On 19/08/10 18:27, Harri Nyman wrote:
> I do use screen :) Without it terminals are annoyingly tight up. I was
> just wondering because it would make creation of backups LOT easier - oh
> well, back to old mysql backup system then

You might want to try the RemoteAdmin plugin as well, which I believe has a Save Oar function on it.

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/RemoteAdmin

is the most obvious reference I could find via Googling.  Not sure how up to date it is though I see from history that
folks have been updating it recently.

Alternatively, it might also be possible to trigger save oar via the REST remote console.  Some documentation at

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/RestConsole

Again, not sure how up to date that is.

> Harri
>

> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Yuzo Kanomata <ykanomat at gmail.com
> <mailto:ykanomat at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I do not know of a way to execute the save oar command from the
>     command line in a shell such as bash.
>
>     However, you may want to consider using screen to run the mono
>     OpenSim.exe process. Screen allows you to detach from the process and
>     later reattach later. I use it for my OpenSim test worlds. Whenever I
>     need to do things like save oar or create user, it is easy to use
>     screen -r to reattach to the OpenSim process and execute the command,
>     then detach and logout.
>
>     I believe screen is standard on Ubuntu and most Linux distros. Man
>     screen to see what the options are.
>
>     HTH
>
>     Yuzo
>
>     On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Harri Nyman
>     <harri.nyman at shadecorp.net <mailto:harri.nyman at shadecorp.net>> wrote:
>      > Is it possible to run "save oar" or any other opensim console
>     commands from
>      > linux command line, perhaps as parameters for opensim.exe?
>      > Harri
>      >
>      > Opensim-users mailing list
>      > Opensim-users at lists.berlios.de