[Opensim-users] Mumble Voice is Online

enauman enauman at hewittschool.org
Thu Aug 19 13:32:22 UTC 2010

Is there an advantage to using this Mumble/Whisper setup over
Freeswitch/SLVoice? It doesn't yet offer spatial voice so is it easier to
configure? (I"m still trying, working with my LAN's sysadmin, to get
Freeswitch working outside our firewall.) Also, I might be thick-headed here
(easily), but it seems you're saying all clients HAVE to swap SLVoice.exe
with whisper in order to access voice in your region if you're supplying it
with the mumble module. Is this the case? If so, I can't see how that's
practical.
Thanks, ERik