[Opensim-users] Concern for grid owner

Karen Palen karenpalensl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 20:53:17 UTC 2010

I don't think there is a way to do what you want directly.

As I understand your problem, you want a "grid god" who can login as any
avatar and essentially act like that avatar to analyze the problem.

Most of the functions such as editing prims and the like can be accomplished
from the "master" AV created when you set up the .ini files, but this is
still another avatar acting on whatever object/script/wearable.

A standard workaround is to have the AV/account owner change their password
to something like "fixme", do whatever needs to be done, then have them
change the password back. This preserves the AV/account security while
giving access temporarily.

Karen