[Opensim-users] Hypergrid 0.7.0.1+

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 10:07:08 UTC 2010

>From: "Kesick, Nicholas Charles" <KESICKN09 at students.ecu.edu>
>I printed the ini.examples (opensim.ini, robust.hg.ini) to make sure
>I didn't miss anything.  Read through them carefully, highlighted
>where to change, and checked.  It still runs ok up until "Waiting
>for Region Handshake".

For a period with versions up to 0.6.x with some network setups on
our grid we found that the internal IP address for the regions (in
bin/Regions/*.ini files) had to be set to 127.0.0.1 rather than
0.0.0.0. And if this was left as the default 0.0.0.0 it stuck on
login exactly at the region handshake point.  We found this was not
needed from 0.7 onwards.